Here’s to ending the summer season with golden hues. I recently took these photos while on a relaxing weekend getaway right here in Michigan. I’ve really been taking advantage of these warm temps before it starts to cool down. There are so many fields full of these golden beauties, I simply couldn’t resist.
I can’t believe this year is almost over. Where did it go!? Sometimes life requires opportunity cost. Like sacrificing one thing to do another. Tony and I will be grateful we decided to start this business together and worked our tail ends off to make it happen. Its no joke starting a business from scratch. (More on that in another post.)
Aside from all the fluff; here are some things I’ve learned and wanted to share:
- Keep you eyes focused on the big picture – focus on your own goals. Success will come your way if you work hard, plan ahead, and stay motivated.
- Don’t be so hypocritical of yourself and your path in life. Understand that everyones path is different and unique. No need to compare and contrast – we all have our own special gifts we contribute to this world. Instead, of combatting the self-doubt. Think good thoughts, speak positivity over your life.
- Stop living your life to please others. You don’t owe anyone an explanation for what you do in your life. If someone pressures you into becoming something or achieving something; guilt trips etc. I can’t tell you how many friends I’ve had growing up where their parents would pressure them into a career path. I’m not saying disobey your loved ones. I’m saying if you have a career or business plan, a passion for what you want to do and become, than follow it and try your best to make it happen. All of the best education in the world, cannot teach a person to be motivated or driven on the inside.
- In our 2o’s we think, we have all the time in the world to “put it off until tomorrow”, I’m a firm believer in “get it done today, worry less tomorrow”. Seriously, you’ll be so much LESS stressed.
- Find your passion – what inspires you? What drives you? What are you good at? Who are you as a person? (This is a starting point.)
- Don’t forget to have fun and appreciate the journey along the way. (These photos are the perfect example of that. )
- Lastly, always set NEW goals for yourself, and work hard toward achieving them. (Tony’s words: Its all about strategy!) So true! I couldn’t agree with him more…And lots of prayer(s).
If you need any advice on starting a blog or a business. I’m here to answer any questions on how we got started.