Being a women your twenties is a transitional time in your life. A time when you’re no longer a girl but a woman. Getting your first real job. Building new relationships. Living on your own. Getting engaged or married. These are all things that we have experienced or are in the process of going through currently. It’s important to keep an open mind but to also maintain your peace of mind. It’s a very exciting time in your life. With that said, I’ve compiled a list of essential things to keep in perspective when you’re going through this special time.
1. Don’t rush love – everything will work out in the perfect timing. Trust the process, sometimes the unknown is really a great thing.
2. Live your life the way you want to live it. It’s not anyone’s job to tell you how you should live your life or what choices you should make.
3. The decisions you make in the present will affect the rest of your life. Choose wisely 😉
4. Be happy now – don’t wait for the next vacation or the next shopping trip. It’s so important to cherish every moment and the relationships you have in the present.
5. Find a hobby. Something you enjoy, it can be working out, blogging, or gardening. Whatever your little heart desires.
6. Take care of your body, mind and health. This one is so important. Your confidence comes from within by maintaining these 3 things you’ll be the best version of you.
7. Travel more – step out of your comfort zone. Get out of your bubble. A lot of times we love routine but there’s a special time in your twenties where you can explore the world and experience the many different cultures life has to offer.
8. Less is more – choose simplicity. We don’t always have to follow the trend or what everyone else is doing.
9. Being in love is one of the greatest things ever. You’re a little older, wiser and more mature in your twenties so it’s really a perfect time to experience love.
10. Brush it off – Being a woman in your twenties we tend to get easily offended. I’ve learned you just have to roll with it, brush off the rude comments. Let the “haters, hate.” It’s not about you anyway, it’s nothing personal. If people want to demean you it has to do with how they perceive the world and their own insecurities.
11. Don’t allow someone’s judgement or opinion affect who you are as a person. Always be compassionate.
12. Realize the woman you are and the place you have in this world. Own it!
13. Being a millennial in the 21st century we don’t have to have it all figured out. Sometimes, things don’t go as planned and that is ok. Try again, eventually everything will fall into place just the way it’s meant to be.
14. Don’t make judgements of others, only love them because something’s are better left unsaid.
15. Remember life is a journey we are all imperfectly and uniquely made. So relax and just enjoy the ride!